PT Samudera Indonesia Ship Management (SISM) incorporated in 1991 to support shipping activities by providing professional, efficient and added value in a form of competitive advantage for the customers. SISM is a merger from the several ship management divisions in numerous shipping business units in Samudera Indonesia. SISM is also supported by highly competent people and a team of expertise to operate the ships safely and to meet national and international requirements according to market needs, as well as best practices in ship management.
The safety management system implemented by SISM has referred to regulation of International Safety Management Code for Safe Operation of Ships and for Pollution Prevention (ISM Code), ISO 9000 Standard, The Standard of Training, Certification and Watch Keeping for Seafarer (STCW), SEEMP, MLC and ISO 14000. This system has been developed independently from concept to implementation and included implementation in both vessels and offices. SIMS developed an Integrated Ship Management System (ISMS) as the backbone of its information systems and technology to support the business daily operations and activities. Apart from ship management services, SISM also provides other services as independent services or integrate services detailed as follows:
- Ship management service consisting of technical and crew management, purchasing, administration, accounting, and technical support
- Legal and insurance assistance
- Recruitment and placement services of certified SRPs (Seafarer Recruitment and Placement Service) crews are based on the Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) 2006 from Nippon Kaiji Kyokai (Class NK) and SIUPPA K (Business License Crew Recruitment and Placement) from the Indonesian Government
- Survey and inspection of ships’ condition
- Site supervision during ship-building and repair
- Dry-docking project management